Prior to the newer and more complex regulations affecting behavioral healthcare (BH) providers today, there was a serious gap in the measurement of BH performance. This included a strong lack of evidence regarding care, poorly defined quality measurements and an absence of linked electronic health record data. Now that incentive and payment plans have paved the way for enhanced and frequent reporting, BH providers are tasked with examining key performance areas and continually working on ways to leverage their data.
While the benefits of enhanced reporting are endless, here are five big reasons why capturing outcomes data is crucial in behavioral healthcare:
- Accountability: Outcomes measurements and data reporting help provider agencies make staff truly accountable for the care they provide to consumers so they can better focus on ways to improve care.
- Billing: Maintaining accurate and complete records is critical in successfully managing the billing process. Data reporting ensures providers stay on top of billing procedures, remain focused on lower rejection rates and provide accurate and timely reimbursements.
- Funding: Transparency surrounding outcomes and data reporting can help providers benefit more from outside funding (i.e. grants and investments from benefactors).
- Quality Measures: Outcomes and data reporting assist providers in establishing and applying mental health quality measures across different service settings to improve the quality of care their consumers receive.
- Treatment: Incomplete, inaccurate data can have an adverse effect on treatment plans, providing insufficient guidance and care for consumers. Outcomes and data reporting coordinate and integrate the delivery of care for consumers so clinicians can focus on “whole person health” and not just the symptoms and conditions of their consumers.
Data is a vital corporate asset and will only remain as such if your employees know what data to leverage and where to find it. In order to fully democratize your organization and its data, be sure to have the correct tools in place to cultivate and manage your knowledge sharing. For most, this means relying on a powerful, second-generation EHR platform that has the flexibility to adapt to incoming changes and ease associated workflows. Core Solutions’ Integrated Behavioral Health EHR Platform, Cx360, does just that.
At Core, we’re helping our customers meet all of the challenges affecting behavioral healthcare providers: new regulations, payment reforms and care delivery requirements. Leveraging the configurability of Cx360, our customers are able to manage these changes without expensive software customizations.
The system’s behavioral health capabilities help strengthen the trust between a provider and client by simplifying the end-to-end behavioral health experience, delivering integrated care coordination, improving client engagement and centralizing accurate provider reimbursement.
Additionally, Cx360 has the capability to transform your data into real business outcomes and increased revenue with its brand new business intelligence (BI) tool. Interested in learning more? Register for a free web demo to see a high-level overview of our new BI tool.